Ha, seems there's already a Steve Reich game! Not sure if I should feel bad for being so unoriginal or be pleased that the idea isn't as crazy as I thought ;)
With apologies to Steve Reich (and the jam rules)
Useless little rhythm game/toy. Create phase music in cooperation with your computer inspired by the works of Steve Reich. Almost, but not really.
Put on your headphones and crank 'em up!
How it works:
- Press any key and the game starts playing a random sound.
- Wait for the screen to turn black: quickly press any key and you will play the same sound, but with a tiny offset on top of the one already playing.
- As time progresses the offset will grow longer and longer and you can enjoy the phase 'music' that evolves.
- If you miss a key press, the computer will finish playing and stop. Press another key and start over with a new random sound.
- There's no win state, play until you fail or feel your composition is finished.
- (You can choose from the four different sounds with keys:1-4)
About the jam rules: This game breaks the rules of the jam by not having sound and graphics tied to each other, so it's sort of a 2bit game I guess...